cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5s keep connecting to GPRS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am on my second iphone 5s in a week . The first one keeps losing 3G signal and changing to GPRS , which means if I'm out and about I cannot connect to internet or check e mails etc . I have spoken to customer services and changed a few thins , I went into O2 shop and they check SIM card and that was ok . I have received new phone today and it is only doing same thing so it can't be the handset this time . Has anyone any ideas ? Does O2 need to send settings to my phone !!!??? I have been with orange for years and never had a problem or on my iPhone 4S !
Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My I phone 5s has only recently started this problem in the last month though I've had it over a year, it keeps connecting to GPRS when I;m in places I know I can get 3G or $G usually in the past, What can I do?

Hi and welcome slight_smile

Lots of advice already on the thread, so rather than anyone repeat it, have a read through then come back and ask any questions if you're not sure about any specifics.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 131 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Sammy_boy has a good point. I don't know if it's O2 or the 5s. The only thing left is to change both. There is a new iOS 8.2 out today so there could be hope.
Message 132 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it must be software issue.

My phone is my husband's old 5s - I used to have a 5 which was fine on O2.  His old phone was fine on Vodaphone.  I am now having problems with the phone on O2 and he is having problems on his 6 with Vodaphone.

All the usual solutions tried but they only work for a limited amount of time.

Message 133 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone has got slightly better with the updates but still think its a carrier settings issue on 5s. Got a few more months on contract but gonna try a couple of other networks before I change phone or network. Holding onto a 3G or 4g signal does seem to be an issue on my phone/network.
Message 134 of 134