cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4S Won't Send Texts but Will Receive and Call?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have recently bought a second hand Iphone 4S and 'Sim Swapped' my number to my new micro sim, and everything is working fine except the sending feature? I can receive texts and I can call others, but when I try to text someone back I receive the 'not delivered' error. 

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Or do I still need to wait the 24 hours, to make sure my number has been fully send across to my new sim, or something like that?

Thank you, in advance, for your time, I appreciate it.

-Sophie

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The phone reads the message centre number from the sim card so if the problem isn't resolved after the 24 hours, it may be that they have provided a monthly sim instead of a P&G sim.

Speak to customer service if you still have problems. It may be that they will have to send you another sim or you could call into your local O2 store and they will provide you with a sim free of charge and arrange the number change. Saves having to wait for the Royal Mail.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sophie,

You could try getting the messaging settings re-sent to your iPhone, using the link below, but this is normally for MMS (picture) messaging I believe, but perhaps it also affects regular SMS messages.  Worth a try anyway.  Although the page is for iPhone 4 it includes the 4S.

http://mobileguide.o2.co.uk/devices/device.jsp?deviceId=666&tab=8

Something else... if you had a non-iPhone handset before then it might be good to talk with O2 customer services and make sure all the various network settings have been changed with your account.

Good luck!

Jonty.

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would give it the full 24 hours as text messaging is the last feature to be provisioned when changing sim cards.

Make sure you reboot the phone and do a reset by holding the on/off button and home button down for around 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. If you still have problems the following relates to any model of iphone::

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonty: I configured my MMS settings to match that link and I did have to alter some settings. Although I still can't send regular messages.
I previously had a Blackberry, so I will take your advice and talk to the O2 customer services, after the 24 hours is up and it still isn't working.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jonsie, thank you for your idea. I did have to change my message centre number, as it was displaying the pay monthly number, rather than the pay and go. Although, after resetting the device it still reverts back to the pay monthly number, is this an issue and could this be a problem relating to my message errors?

I will still wait 24 hours to see if my impatience is the issue haha

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The phone reads the message centre number from the sim card so if the problem isn't resolved after the 24 hours, it may be that they have provided a monthly sim instead of a P&G sim.

Speak to customer service if you still have problems. It may be that they will have to send you another sim or you could call into your local O2 store and they will provide you with a sim free of charge and arrange the number change. Saves having to wait for the Royal Mail.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I think that might be the issue as my 24 hours is basically up now. 

Thank you all for your help and time

-Sophie

Message 7 of 7