cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception in Canton, China

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there. When I landed in Beijing airport I got a signal but now I am in Guanzhou (Canton) I just get 'searching'.
Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23346 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3718 Solutions

Whatever problem you're experiencing would be with whichever Chinese network you're roaming on. It doesn't really have anything to do with O2, I'm afraid. I'm not an iPhone person, but I presume there must be somewhere in your settings for mobile network roaming. Check to see if that's enabled. I'm sure an iPhone person in the forum would be able to suggest more, if there is any more to suggest.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Probably a local problem but try cleaning the sim card and switch network selection to manual to see the available networks.

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23346 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3718 Solutions

Whatever problem you're experiencing would be with whichever Chinese network you're roaming on. It doesn't really have anything to do with O2, I'm afraid. I'm not an iPhone person, but I presume there must be somewhere in your settings for mobile network roaming. Check to see if that's enabled. I'm sure an iPhone person in the forum would be able to suggest more, if there is any more to suggest.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

settings>carrier>turn off automatic, manually search then try the networks that come up

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on this ?
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried re setting the phone and toggling 3G on and off. No networks show on manual search unfortunately.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then best guess is they are transmitting on freqs not supported by your phone or you are out of coverage on all networks.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Guangzhou now, 4th July 2013, and was here three weeks ago, and the same thing as the first post, no Data coverage.

At the airports there is no data coverage on any Network. This is so in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu. When in the city of Guangzhou however, it shows E or 3G you get some data at times, and at times no data at all, even though it is showing the E or 3G. This is not so in the other cities I mentioned.

I come to China, three to four times a month; and in recent months this has been happening. One year ago this never happened, nor in previous years coming here.

This is not the case in no other city in Asia except China.

O2 needs to discuss this with the Chinese networks and see where the problem lies.

Message 8 of 8