cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on calls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Can anyone please help? When myself & family members are making calls (we all have iphones, recently very new) whether it is to a landline or a mobile, regardless of who the mobile phone provider is, people cannot understand what we are saying, it's either 'garbled' or 'breaking up' or makes a terrible scrambling noise! This has happened occasionally before. However, this problem is become increasingly frequent to the point that it is having a serious effect - We are unable to make or receive calls to anybody, more importantly, to family when we want to and need to as 2 out of 3 times it is impossible to have a conversation with them. Also, when we do have a successful conversation with them, often, it will deteriorate at some point during the conversation & usually the call is cut off. Should they then try and ring me, it is not possible to connect. When this problem isn't apparent, calls are great and conversations are completely clear and concise.
We have tried rebooting the phones, going into another room, disabling wireless and bluetooth on the phones, none of it does any good.
This problem is causing so much frustration as we are missing important calls and also having to use the landline, therefore paying landline provider extra as well as paying contract! I have spoke to o2 on numerous occasions and they inform me everytime that the coverage in my area is excellent.
We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)
Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know what causes this problem? Some one please help!!

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I don't think it could be the routers frequency causing this, but home hubs are dual band running at 2.4ghz (2400mhz) and 5ghz (5000mhz).
The only bands close to any of those is iPhones 2.6ghz and 1.9ghz but as they are different then interference won't be an issue as they can only interfere if the band is the same and no mobile standard has access to 2.4ghz as is it reserved for WiFi and other connections (rc cars, wireless cameras)
However, the BT homehub does output a voice over WiFi signal which I think is turned on as a default within home hub, you could try disabling that as it may be causing a problem if you iPhone has WiFi calling turned on (even if unsupported)
Not an iPhone user so last part is a hunch.
Message 21 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123157 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

*coughs* ...errrmmmm...well....*Coughs again*...All i can say is... 'I stand back in amazement at the level of your knowledge'....... @viridis 

I am sure it all makes sense... (to everyone bar me) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with u on this @viridis but if this was what he was told before then he needs to disprove it before he gets put trough to network services. The second part of the thread is basically the sort of questions they will ask him.

Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you all so much for your help. When outside of my house calls can be made & received. I have asked a few neighbours but none of them have BT infinity. I have a few options to try now & will let you know if I get any results. If nothing changes I think I'll go mad!! Crazy

Message 24 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 123157 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Good call @Anonymous  Please keep us in the loop and let us know how you get on...best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , if it's only inside the house then this is a different matter. Bt infinity or not the coverage inside the house is not guaranteed....

"O2 don't guarantee 100% coverage, or the ability to use your phone indoors or in built up areas."

TUgo is your best option.

Message 26 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous the op has stated that they find that tUGo does not work, in that case if it is the only option then to uninstall the app & reinstall it then reboot the phone
Message 27 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 123157 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous the op has stated that they find that tUGo does not work, in that case if it is the only option then to uninstall the app & reinstall it then reboot the phone

I suggested something re Tugo on an earlier post @Anonymous  I am told this may work re Tugo ie

"Incidentally re the Tugo issue have you tried toggling to airplane mode then turn Wifi back on?  This usually allows Tugo to work at home.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's another possibility if the op has faith in trying tUGo again
Message 29 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

" We have all got the Tugo app but this can be useless at times as it will only receive calls when you have no signal at all & we all have 2 bars of signal on our phones (so Tugo wont work!!)"

I think there is nothing wrong with Tugo,based on this. The Op may just need a bit more inf about how to use it.... ( @jonsie )

Message 30 of 38