cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High data usage in iPhone 6 iOS 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone experiencing high data usage on iOS 8?

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5, and would use around 500mb per month. Since upgrading to an iPhone 6 I am currenly using around 300mb a day - with only safari browsing. I have restored the phone and turned off iTunes store (apple id) and iCloud. I have no apps installed, and yet I get this high data use.

I have even put my sim in my old phone and data is still draining!

Anyone have any ideas  - surely this is an O2 issue?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Fatboy (one of our regulars) has had the same issue. It can effect anyone at anytime.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 23

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

There's certainly no pattern to it and could happen without warning so whilst someone is having no problems it doesn't mean they won't.

Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree.

As we saw Apple added a bug fix to their iOS 8.0.2 red data use when receiving normal texts so they must be aware of some of this.
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

I have swapped the sim - as advised by a couple of people and by Apple (Apple were of no help when I called them earlier). I will have monitor the data usage over the next few days to see what happens. 

Can anyone recomend a good app to track data usage - Im not sure the iPhones data usage is accurate?

If this persists I will be be returning the phone for a refund.

Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the built in one too.

Settings -> Mobile -> Loot at the apps at the bottom and make sure you reset the statts.

I was interested in using Onivo Extend until I found they are owned by Facebook.
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that 'Onavo Count' ?
Message 17 of 23

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - will give it a go.
Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It will be interesting to see how Onavo compares to the one built into iOS. Be sure to reset it though so they run from the same start point.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23