O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
andypg

Friends and Family Discount

Hi

Does anyone know the score with the friends and family discount.

Spoke online to a guru online who said I just need to send a text to the upgrade number and i'll get the discount applied.

However someone has just told me that to keep the discount I need to upgrade via a store and not online (which I did on Friday !!)

Spoke to another guru online today (after waiting on 202 for ages) who said I will be OK.

Very concerned now that I won't get the discount.

Please use plain text.
Rycal
Topics: 11
Kudos: 52
Solutions: 46

Re: Friends and Family Discount

I read something about it being store only. Let me look into this.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Sony Xperia Z | Blackberry Z10 | Blackberry 9810 | Samsung Galaxy Note II
Please use plain text.
RMisk

F&F Discount can ONLY be applied to New Contracts and Upgrades taken via an O2 STORE!!! 

I work for o2 however my opinions expressed here are my own and not in any way reflective of O2/Telefonica and should not be taken as such. My activity here is to try to help whenever possible.
Please use plain text.
version7point0
Kudos: 148
Solutions: 171

As long as you buy your new phone direct from O2 just give your friend / family member who works for O2 a shout to apply the discount for you.

We have a new way of requesting the discount which saves you texting us to email the employee who then emails back for the discount to be applied.
I do work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Telefónica

Nexus 5 | BlackBerry Z10 | Lumia 820 | Xperia T | iPhone 5 | Galaxy S3 | iPhone 4S | Sensation XE | Xperia Neo | Torch 9800
Please use plain text.
andypg

See what I mean about conflicting advice ?

It is really dissapointing that I get an upgrade text from o2, I then order an iphone 5 and no where does it tell me that I won't get my discount because it is online.

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
Aidy2012

My partner works for O2 and she's been told this which is true...
'Customers on a Family and Friend tariff will be able to buy iPhone 5 from launch day too but they must buy or upgrade through an O2 Retail store from 21 September or they will not be able to take advantage of the 30% Pay Monthly tariff discount.'
Please use plain text.
stubsstubs

I'm currently on the friends and family discount through my aunty who works for a partner of O2 - I've been on it for about 5/6 years now.

I initally had the Nokia N95 8gb, which I upgraded over the phone to the iphone 3g.

I then upgraded the iphone 3g instore to the 4g (just over 2 years ago)

Both upgrades retained the discount without any action from myself or my aunty.

This time I've spoken to my local O2 store about upgrading on Friday and they've told me that I will loose the F&F discount, unless I get another code either for Friday, or within the 14 days following.

Is this true? - The 1st time round it was a bit of a farce to be honest, as my aunty had to get the code from her manager, and it took ages for him to reply. I don't want to be late getting it back to them and miss the 14 day deadline... which means I may have to wait till I get the code before I go down & miss the Friday launch :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
RMisk

Aidy2012 wrote:
My partner works for O2 and she's been told this which is true...
'Customers on a Family and Friend tariff will be able to buy iPhone 5 from launch day too but they must buy or upgrade through an O2 Retail store from 21 September or they will not be able to take advantage of the 30% Pay Monthly tariff discount.'

This is 100% correct.

Hence its what I said above.

I work for o2 however my opinions expressed here are my own and not in any way reflective of O2/Telefonica and should not be taken as such. My activity here is to try to help whenever possible.
Please use plain text.
andypg

This was the reply from o2 on twitter

"Hi Andy, you'll need to get your O2 friend to get the discount re-added as it will drop-off during the upgrade."

Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
Craigy1874

Im also concerned about this even though i have 3 live chats all confirming no problem to have the discount added. 

Seems no one can say for sure. 

Surely if they had changed the rules ALL o2 staff would have been informed???

Please use plain text.