Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch sim activation

DAW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have just purchased a smartwatch & loaded it with an O2 sim card. The mobile number for this is different from my phone, I don't want to have 2 separate monthly bills but I need to activate the new sim card, both my watch & phone are Bluetooth paired.
I have heard of an esim link? Can anyone advise how I go about linking please?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Justyna000
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems this is exactly an issue I'm experiencing. Have now been an O2 customer for approx. 10 years, and was never thinking of leaving...  Now that I have my Galaxy Active 4G Smart Watch, I'm unfortunately forced to join Vodaphone, as they are the only company that can provide the TRUE "OneNumber Connectivity Plan" for me to be able to use my LTE Smart Watch independently from my Mobile Phone, to make calls etc., under one (single) number/tariff. Not requiring my Watch to connect to my Phone is some weird unnecessary way! 

Message 11 of 12

RamTec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems like the old Huawei Watch 2 4G is going to be in high demand. I've tried all options with O2 and EE and have resorted to using my ancient Huawei Watch 2 4G Sport for those times where I'm training away from home and need an emergency contact facility - works perfectly with any nano SIM - just has to have its own number

Message 12 of 12