Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge battery fried...

AutismSupermum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, Saturday lunchtime I was visiting my Nan 30 miles away. As I got in the car to drive the 45 minute trip has me with my children, I plugged my Samsung S7 edge in to charge. On arrival home, I took the phone off charge and it had an overheating warning. From that point on, it would not charge at all. I looked through all different forums to see what the issue could be, tried all fixes like factory resetting etc and nothing. The last thing I tried was plugging it in to my laptop to see if the hardware was recognised.

within 5 seconds it was smoking! Thank goodness I noticed right away as it could potentially have set my house on fire with me and my two little boys inside!

contacted Samsung first, but as their product relations team were closed until Monday I decided to go through O2 as the phone was still under warranty. Sent it off yesterday, tracked it online to see that they are trying to charge me £229 as apparently it is a customer damage: burn marks on USB port.

have asked for them to send it back I repaired as Samsung have asked me to send it to them ASAP ...

anyone else have have similar Issues? It was not brand new when I got it from O2, it was a "perfectly fine" refurbished model

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Common knowledge on here that we wouldn't let o2 repair a banana!
Send it to Samsung as requested and as you should have done initially.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, wish I had looked on here before I sent it off! I was just desperate, I don't have any other homes to use (apart from my husbands) and as my childr n have autism I have to be contactable at all times for appointments etc.

plus side, just gotten call Samsung when my phone is back and they will arrange a courier to pick it up

Message 3 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Clearly my iPad also hates me, as I clearly meant no other phone, not home!

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Samsung are very good with customer relations. They will look after you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's good to know, thank you! Will update once I know more

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You can always try tugo on your ipad whilst your phone is off for repair
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried that, and it says you need to be able to receive a text message to set up, which I can't as I don't have a backup phone 😒

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Can you put your sim.in your husbands phone to get the text?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope, his is locked to another network

Message 10 of 18