cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean, Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)? I have sent my Samsung S5 mini in for repair as it has trouble finding and keeping connected to the o2 network.  I've only had the phone 3 month. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Beyond Economic Repair - basically it's knackered !
Prob water damaged which is a favourite fault for O2's repairers 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 59

MI5
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
If I were you I would have O2 return it to me and send it to or contact Samsung for a second opinion http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 59

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, I'd put money on that having "water damage"
Message 4 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says its being returned to the O2 shop where I left it.  Its def not water damaged, no possible way.  They have an image on repair tracker which just shows the imei no and bar code. 

Only had it 3 month on contract, so if they gonna try be funny I'll cancel the phone direct debit. 

Message 5 of 59

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I wouldn't do that just yet,,,,
Get it back and go direct to Sammy rather than the muppets they have at anova doing O2 "repairs"

Message 6 of 59

MI5
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Check it's your IMEI code too - It's not unknown for them to phones mixed up either.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 123119 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Please don't cancel the direct debit. There will be only one loser if you do and that will be you.It will result in a default on your credit file slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes imei no matches the box and receipt.  I'll wait til I get to shop and find out whats happening before doing anything.  They is a local samsung repair centre within 10 mile so can pop it to them if need be. 

Message 9 of 59

MI5
  • 144674 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Definitely get a second opinion from Sammy and make sure you tell them o2 repairers have already butchered it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 59