cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone got wet so screen so it beyond repair .how do I find out if I got insurance on it . I had it on previous contract but didn't update details to O2 insurance will it still be valid or would I be better just paying it off and getting a new phone thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As with all insurance companies there are very rigid terms and conditions., it's vital that you read them. In all honesty you are now at their mercy. Call them and tell them the situation and your next actions will be determined by what they say.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi batman

When you changed phones you really should have updated any current O2 insurance with the new make, model and imei number.

Are the premiums coming out of your account ?

Ring them on 202 to speak to Customer Services to check.

If you haven't then check with any Home Contents Cover or any Bank Current Account for possible cover and to see what the excess fee's will be and if they cover liquid damage.

If not and it sounds like your on the Refresh Tariff, then yes you could pay the Handset part off ,and upgrade again.

Think about getting insurance at that point if you so wish. Weigh up the monthly premium and excess fee's. Their are others out there as well as o2's ,but do look at the small print for T&C.

Good luck.

slight_smile
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Basically, reading through the OPs post it appears the phone is not insured at all as they didn't update insurance when they changed to the new phone .

An expensive lesson I think slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
It's a fact that with O2 insurance you have to give them the exact phone details, make, model and IMEI number.
Some other insurance policies are more general and just cover any phone.
If you are paying an insurance premium to anyone, check the T&C's associated with the policy to give you the answers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you still paying for O2 insurance?
Message 5 of 7

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If the phone is insured with O2 then it should be listed as an item on your monthly bill. Check on MyO2.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

As with all insurance companies there are very rigid terms and conditions., it's vital that you read them. In all honesty you are now at their mercy. Call them and tell them the situation and your next actions will be determined by what they say.

Message 7 of 7