cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Wildfire

Anonymous
Not applicable

im having 2 issues with my HTC on o2.first is mms and internet. followed the instructions to manually install , got to final part of accepting settings and the application locked up.now i cant get into it,everytime i try it comes up with error message "the application settings(process com.android.settings)has stopped unexpectedly.please try again" and a force close button...which ive pushed and tried 8-10 times,also tried clearing in "manage apps" have two programs of that description running and both will only allow me to force close as an option and it doesnt work.Secondly i have a poor signal , could this be down to those settings ?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145022 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Hold power and volume down then choose reset all data from the boot menu.
Note: This will wipe the phone and return it to factory settings.
If you have the correct O2 SIM card for your account the phone will automatically pick up the settings when it does it's first boot after the reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Try a soft reset or a hard reset to clear the phone.

Be aware a hard reset can delete saved data so do a back up first.

http://www.hard-reset.com/htc-wildfire-hard-reset.html

Or look for a reset all settings option within the phone.

Then text ACTIVE to 2020 for the settings. Save and re boot.

Poor signal maybe a mast issue.
Check here.

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 145022 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Hold power and volume down then choose reset all data from the boot menu.
Note: This will wipe the phone and return it to factory settings.
If you have the correct O2 SIM card for your account the phone will automatically pick up the settings when it does it's first boot after the reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks For reply , would rather avoid a hard reboot , did one recently and just got all my numbers and settings back! as for the ACTIVE settings thing , HTC's dont except the settings via text or service messages , hence the manual install. Signal wise i was fine in same places with my Virgin sim i just replaced.on average i get 1-2 bars only now where as before it was 4 consistantly.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for reply, again would rather avoid a hard boot.and sequence is hold down volume down button and push power once to load the software and volume up and down to choose and accept settings.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 145022 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

For clarity......

1. Hold the Volume Down button
  2. Press and release the Power button
  3. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  4. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  5. Press and release the Power button
  6. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

I doubt you will fix this any other way.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks and am resigning myself to that fact , have backed up my numbers in 3 places!

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 145022 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Just sync with your Google account...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have and it tells me sync is currently expericing problems and will be back shortly. that since yesterday , but have hard backed them upto another phone.

Message 10 of 13