cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My girlfriend is having severe problems with her new Galaxy S4.

The phone randomly will not accept calls "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" and text messages will not get through to her (even though she can send them).

Then randomly she will receive text messages in the middle of the night that have been sent hours before, some don't ever get through.

We took it back into the store (both o2 and Carphone Warehouse) and a new simcard was given, tried that, was ok for a day or two then stopped working again. Took it back into the store, they handed out a new phone. Same repeated. Went back into the store again, they advised sending it off for "repair" and we are now waiting for it to return.

In the mean time, she is back to using her very old phone Samsung SA800 I think?! and using the same simcard from her S4. We have had absolutely no problems using this phone which makes me obviously think that this is a phone issue.

On a side note, on the exact same day as her, I also bought an S4 and have had absolutely no problems.

I'm completely stumped and therefore any advise or help would be appreciated. Absolutely fuming that after signing up for a new more expensive contract that the phone will not work as it's supposed to and both o2 and Carephone Warehouse keep fobbing us off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very rare I would have thought. 😞
Message 11 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

my house mate is on her 4th S4 with o2

Message 12 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fourth?! Wow, should have gone with the iPhone I think... ha!

Message 13 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear , let's not start an iOS vs Android convo, and stay on topic.

slight_smile
Message 14 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah first 2 was over heating on charge and second 2 did the same as yours, Anyphone can get a software glitch no matter who manufacturer is... slight_smile 

Message 15 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't have sent it off personally I would have kept getting replacements till I got one that worked why should she be without a brand new phone
Message 16 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
It's a rare problem but it does sound like a handset issue - Maybe yours was from a different batch and the replacement from the same faulty batch....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update on this, we had a reply yesterday which said:

“We have tested your device using the manufacturer supported test process and our engineer was unable reproduce the fault you reported on your device. As a courtesy, we have upgraded software on your device to the latest version released by manufacturer. If you experience any further problems, then please return your device to your local branch ensuring you give all the circumstances of when the fault occurs (for example, it only fails when functioning in a certain application)”

I have to say i'm not optimistic about this at all. 

Message 18 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the standard response if they say no issue can be seen by them. Update the firmware and send it back to you.

Thanks for the update and I'll Keep my fingers crossed.
Message 19 of 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Hopefully the phone will be ok. If not I would contact Samsung directly, but here's hoping the problem is resolved for you.

Message 20 of 79