cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My girlfriend is having severe problems with her new Galaxy S4.

The phone randomly will not accept calls "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" and text messages will not get through to her (even though she can send them).

Then randomly she will receive text messages in the middle of the night that have been sent hours before, some don't ever get through.

We took it back into the store (both o2 and Carphone Warehouse) and a new simcard was given, tried that, was ok for a day or two then stopped working again. Took it back into the store, they handed out a new phone. Same repeated. Went back into the store again, they advised sending it off for "repair" and we are now waiting for it to return.

In the mean time, she is back to using her very old phone Samsung SA800 I think?! and using the same simcard from her S4. We have had absolutely no problems using this phone which makes me obviously think that this is a phone issue.

On a side note, on the exact same day as her, I also bought an S4 and have had absolutely no problems.

I'm completely stumped and therefore any advise or help would be appreciated. Absolutely fuming that after signing up for a new more expensive contract that the phone will not work as it's supposed to and both o2 and Carephone Warehouse keep fobbing us off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 79
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like a software issue then buddy... hopefully Samsung can rectify this for you slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You may need to approach Samsung Uk support to have the phone looked at if wherever you've sent it off to does not resolve the issue.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

A good thread here on warranty issues http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Guide-Differance-between-SOGA-and-warranty-exten...
Message 2 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but it's already being "repaired" at Samsung.

Message 3 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

might just be a simple case of a sim swap. if  acontact has been damaged on the sim that can cause issues or if your using a sim card adapter,? 

pop in to o2 store but im confident just a new sim should sort this kerfuffle out slight_smile 

Message 4 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input but we have already swapped the sim.

The exact same sim that was used in the S4 is now being used in a much older model of phone and is working fine.

Message 5 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like a software issue then buddy... hopefully Samsung can rectify this for you slight_smile 

Message 6 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers crossed it is returned in working condition.

If not id be requesting a replacement or an upgrade to another model of phone. Samsung Galaxy s5 if there feeling generous.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep pretty much convinced its a handset/software issue.

Seems strange though as to why I haven't had any of these issues with an identical phone/software etc.

Message 8 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

just a rouge handset mate, it happens.... 

Message 9 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah but two faulty handsets? What are the chances of that?

Message 10 of 79