cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5C poor signal/calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya,

First post on here as I've never had any issues with my O2 phones in 14 years until my last upgrade.

Upgraded from Xperia Z1 to Z5C in October and from day 1 have had extremely poor signal and call quality. I no longer have a signal in places where I have never had an issue and in places where the coverage checker says there is a strong signal.

I have been into store 3 times, done a factory reset and reinstalled software updates with no change.

I'm getting really frustrated now as I increased my minutes at upgrade and am now not only making a fraction of my required call but they only last a few minutes before cutting out or the call quality dropping (e.g the other end sounding like they are underwater).

The phone hasn't been in water or damaged, I've had the same issue since day 1 but no one in store seems to be able to help.

Any suggestions or should I be looking at asking O2 for a replacement handset.

Thank you in advance

Laura
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 outsource their repairs to a bunch of cowboys. Use them at your own risk. I suggested Sony for good reason and although they aren't the best company to deal with they are infinitely better than Anovo that o2 use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I didn't realise that, glad I joined on here now.
Thanks everyone, I'll contact Sony and post on here once I know whats wrong with the phone slight_smile
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I'm sure they will sort you out....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122939 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, I didn't realise that, glad I joined on here now.
Thanks everyone, I'll contact Sony and post on here once I know whats wrong with the phone slight_smile

Best of luck...let us know how it goes

Oh welcome to the forum by the way @Anonymous Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How did you get on sorting out your handset issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 15