cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by Text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Z1compact.   Suddenly I cant send photos via text, just says queued for sending, any ideas, help would be much appreciated.

Answers in words of one syllable please....

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will say this. ....

I do feel frustrated when a key piece of information is kept back until after many posts have been made

"Other Sony phones in the house send picture messages and they are on o2". Could have saved a lot of time if we had known that early on. ...
Message 21 of 124

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It certainly won't be a fault with the phone, it's either a reprovisioning or settings issue. If the settings have been checked then as advised, call O2 and get them to remove mms and reprovision. It takes 24 hours as long as you get through to someone who understands that it has to be removed first.

Message 22 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I probably should not ask but could someone please explain:-
1. What does re-provisioning mean?
2. How or why does provisioning go wrong?
3. Why does it take 24 hours for re-provisioning to take effect?
Thanks.
Message 23 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh Gerrybeans

1. Removing the functionality then putting it back on.
2. Tech things especially with computer systems things do go wrong from time to time (the age old comment when your pc freezes is. ..re boot)
3. The network has to recognise the service has been removed before it can go back on otherwise the system will say it is already there (but the op knows it isn't working)
Message 24 of 124

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
1 reactivating the account to allow the access to the mms service
2 because it's o2
3 because the full removal of mms service is needed first to clear out any bits and bob's left behind then needs re-activating, both of which take a little time to appear on servers and devices, it's not exactly how long it takes but SHOULD be done within 24hrs
Message 25 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous and @viridis  - not sure I am much further on in my understanding of things technological!   slight_smile

Message 26 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
What don't you get Gerrybeans?
Message 27 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What don't you get Gerrybeans?

@Anonymous I don't get:-

(1) Why I have become Gerrybeans?  slight_smile   (Don't explain - I may not like it!! Bouncy)

(2)  Why some problems with a mobile phone are susceptible to almost immediate solution via an adjusment of settings, yet others require "re-provisioning" by O2, a process that can take 24 hours. 

Message 28 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh @Anonymous

Ok Gerrybeans? Just felt like being light hearted.

MMS some settings can be changed on the device which can be instant. Others need o2 to change them, once they update in their systems the network then has to update before the user can take advantage of the changes.

If you think of anti virus software on your pc. Unless you renew, you are advised to remove all traces of any other anti virus software you may have to avoid conflicts. The mms provision works in the same principle.
Message 29 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Argh @Anonymous

Ok Gerrybeans? Just felt like being light hearted.

@Anonymous   Smiley Very Happy  And we know the effect beans can have on some folk!  LOL LOL

Thanks for the further elucidation - problem really is my 128k brain is no match for the megatrillion GB of data one needs to assimilate, retain and understand in the modern world.  Somewhere, way back, I think I turned off the superhighway into a cul-de-sac.  I am at the stage now where although I would love to try a newer model I just cannot face the hassle of setting up and getting to grips with all the innovations (that in my case would probably just help me to make mistakes more quickly).   

Message 30 of 124