Did you mean: 

Virtual Interview 20/11/13 – My O2

KimberleyH
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hey Guys,

We’re having another Virtual Interview session on the community, this time it’s for the My O2 app.

There have been plenty of questions we’ve seen in the past about My O2 and you’ve helped members with their issues in the way you normally do!

Now it’s your turn to get your questions in about My O2 and the My O2 app to Leanne Gethin from Digital Self Service at O2. Leanne really wants to hear your questions and ideas, maybe they’ll match up with what’s coming in the future…

This is your chance to ask any question about My O2 in terms of user experience, features, functionality and compatibility, truly everything about the service.

The session will be longer than our last Virtual Interview, it will now be 90 minutes and can be extended if we need to, as we’d like to answer all of your questions!

We’ll be holding the session on the 20th of November at 12:30pm. If you’re new to the O2 Community and want to take part, check out this starter guide: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/What-s-the-O2-community-and-how-to-get-started/td-p/426482

To get your MyO2 questions answered, simply post them on this thread. Leanne from MyO2 will log in on Wednesday and answer any that you have added.

Thanks

Kim

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Leanneg

Thanks

It realy needs some basic html page to use when not at a pc that would just give a brief summary of each phone on the account and what allowance is left for calls sms and data the thing that matter on the go.

Adam

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

Will there ever be a native Blackberry 10 MyO2 app?

Why was the updated ported Android 5.0 app pulled from Blackberry World and when is there likely to be an update?

Hi aldaweb,

as the majority of customers are iOS, android and Windows based, the focus will be on these platforms. We don't currently have any plans to develop the MyO2 app for Blackberry but we are redesigning our mobile platform that will be available in the new year.

Message 22 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

As a Pay as You Go user the MyO2 App is a little more basic than that of the Pay Monthly Customer.

Generally the information given on the 'Home' and 'My Balance' Tabs are clear enough.

However the 'My Bolt On's' tab is pretty much static and just shows what bolt on you have.

No info on remaining allowances in it or anniversary date. No Option to cancel or add a Bolt On.

Hi bandofbrothers,

Thanks for pointing this out. Pay&Go is an area we're looking to change and update soon, so watch this space! Ability of add/ cancel bolt-ons natively on the MyO2 app is a good suggestion. Would be great to hear some more ideas from you being a Pay&Go user.

Message 23 of 42

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks.

Given that the next iteration of Blackberry 10 OS is likely to be able to load .apk files without conversion it should just be a matter of making the .apk available for download directly.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 24 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I have 2 pay monthly accounts and the app is near perfect for me. My only question is in relation to having to log into the community from the link in the app. As we already have to sign into the app, could we not just go straight into the community forum without having to log in again....?

Hi MI5 and Jonsie,

Yes, agree that this should be seemless, we're working through this at present. We'll update you on this in the new year.

Message 25 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

Do O2 have any plans to bring notifications to the app? For example you could send a push notification for the following events:

1. Whenever a bill is generated with the notification saying how much the bill is

2. A further notification a few days before the bill is due for payment or a DD is due to be taken

3. Whenever someone becomes close to running out of minutes, texts or data

There are probably other instances when the app could send a notification too but these were the ones I could think of off the top of my head

Hi Davethorp,

We have notifications within the app for when you’re running low on mins, messages and data. We also have a countdown for when the bill is due, but push notifications is a great idea and something we have been discussing.

Other than the ones you have already stated, are there any other notifications you'd like to see added or any other features?

Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

Do O2 have any plans to bring notifications to the app? For example you could send a push notification for the following events:

Like it, here's another....

Based on location push a notification of any planned network maintenance.....

Hi MI5

Yes, this would be great to have as mentioned to Davethorp similar to other examples, we’re currently working with our networks team to look at how we could integrate with the network and service status checker.

Would you like to be a beta trialist? If so, please PM Toby and we'll be in touch when the time comes.

Message 27 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Hi Leanne

Since having to change the log in for MyO2 online to another email address due to the closure of O2 Email, I now find I cannot log in to the MyO2 app on my phone as it tells me the user name or password are wrong despite it working on all the other O2 apps and O2 pages that I use.

The app advises me to change my O2 online pin and I've tried that to no effect.

If I call CS can they reset the app from their end or can nothing be done?

I have done the obvious such as clearing the cache and re-installing the app several times.

It's an excellent app and I'm missing it! slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply to my post.

I'll add anything as I come across it.
Message 29 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently took part in an O2 Labs beta for a possible MyO2 app for Windows Phone 8.  The beta trial was time limited and the app no longer functions.

The app functioned flawlessly but was very rudimentary compared to the iOS and Android versions.

The official so called app that O2 have in the Windows Phone Store is a complete disgrace; a simple collection of links that never work!

I would be very pleased if O2 stuck to their marketing and PR hype by supporting Windows Phone on equal terms as iOS and Android as they like the technology press to believe they do!

I notice that O2 Germany released an app on 9th November on a par with the iOS and Android release (screenshot attached), and wondered if there was anything on the grapevine for a UK release of this app.  (I never realised I was such a dreamer!!!!)

Hi jacja1,

We understand there’s a fast growing number of users for Windows Phone. This is definitely a priority and we are starting the development on this soon.

I would love for any Windows Phone users to put their names forward to Toby if you would like to be a beta trialist. Also, what features would you like to see specific to Windows Phone?

Message 30 of 42