Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't mean to include the staff member's name in the above, apologies. I can't see any option for me to edit the post to remove it though.
Message 171 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why are you stopping Tu Go? What is the reason behind this decision?
Message 172 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm adding my voice to agree with the sentiments above. TuGo has been the main reason I have stayed with O2 over the last few years even when I could get better service for nearly half the cost. I almost took out a new contract with O2 last month and am so glad I didn't - I would have been furious and there is now nothing that makes that worthwhile. Add to that the lack of any explanation or even a vague attempt at an apology and the decision is very clear. I think you underestimate customer loyalty and opinion at your peril...
Message 173 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not familiar with EE.  Will my Sony Z5 Compact work with the Wifi calling and texting on their network?

Your phone model works with EE for Wifi Calling/texts, but the phone must be bought from EE or have EE custom firmware in it to work.

In your case, you must flash your phone with EE firmware.

Message 174 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please don’t withdraw TU Go. I like many others without a mobile signal desperately need it to keep in touch with texts. It’s no good saying use WhatsApp - my doctors surgery won’t use it!

Do any other networks offer an app similar to TU Go?
Message 175 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bad business decision. I'm nearly at the end of my contract, have a sim free s8 with no O2 firmware and hardly any O2 signal locally. It's a no brainer. Bye bye O2, back to ee for me
Message 176 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very very unhappy about this. I am with O2 absolutely SOLELY BECAUSE TuGo works so well.

My handset, in mid sim only contract, is rendered useless, I cannot have Wi Fi calling unless I buy another handset (I do not need) FROM O2 MARK YOU, which will be full of O2 bloatware.

The reasons to stay with O2 are therefore gone. TuGo was a UNIQUE SELLING POINT.

I do not think the powers that be at O2 have really thought this through.

I have experience of WiFi calling at EE, I left O2 for them but came back mainly because of TuGo.

Message 177 of 1,062

MikeTQ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02 Have shot themselves in the foot over this one, what idiot decided this would be a good move. 

There is now no reason why I and many thousands like me should subscribe to 02 since I have no signal at home. 

The only alternative that I know of would be Whats App and that does not let you see and reply to texts on your computer screen.  Does anyone know of any other alternatives taht provide an identical service?

Tried looking for a facebook page but could not find one, maybe social media pressure would persude 02 to see sense.

Message 178 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 months ago I received the following text;

"We've noticed you've recently had signal trouble.

You can always use our free TU Go app to call and text over Wi-Fi. And stay connected wherever you are."

And today I received a message stating that the app is being discontinued. Is this a joke?

Looks like I'm going to have to find a company with better signal in my area...

Message 179 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MikeTQ .... 'Three' have one called 'Three InTouch', don't think it is quite as good as O2 but I am told it works adequately.
Message 180 of 1,062