Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I am asking the rest of the team to chase this up for you. Sorry for the delay!

@Glassbeard, I have asked the same for your Note 7 pickup. Feel free to PM me about your other issues and we can have a chat.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1781 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby No refund yet.  No call either.  

Message 1782 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Surely classed as abandoned goods by now.
Message 1783 of 1,893

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Surely classed as abandoned goods by now.

Mmmmm...indeed...pity they think they can abandon refunds as well though?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1784 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I'll send you a PM.

Get involved:

Message 1785 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff That seems to be very much the case.  I keep on repeating myself in PMs to moderators that I have not had any contact whatsoever about my refund (when I should just be getting my refund not contacted about it!) But they take their money right on time every month for the bill.   I'm collecting evidence.  Every day that money is not back in my account is another digit I can add to the length of this fiasco when I contact the financial Ombudsman and the elusive O2 CEO.  O2 can continue taking their sweet time - I will get my money, plus interest, in due course.

By the way, the whole mandatory cancellation of the Note 7 has plunged my credit rating to the pits.  Another little something they conveniently didn't tell people about.  So if you happen to fail a credit check for reasons unknown, when you know you're record should be spotless, it may very well be due to yet another mess O2 have left behind. slight_smile  But hey, they still say they have great CS.

Message 1786 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, we'll not stop until you're sorted. I'll PM you again asap.

Get involved:

Message 1787 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@AnonymousThats awful, I honestly had no idea about the credit rating consequences. I hope @Toby can sort this and do something about removal of the black mark on your credit file. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1788 of 1,893

MI5
  • 144881 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Someone is gonna rock up and tell us how great CS is shortly........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1789 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Why are O2 showing such incompetence and apathy towards their customers. I thought there was a dedicated team handling this?

Message 1790 of 1,893