cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Virtual Interview- 03/10/13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys.

We know how excited you are by 4G, so we want to give you all the chance to ask our experts questions in the form of our Virtual Interview!

We've got Sarah Craig and Alistair Baird from our 4G delivery team who'll be here on the 3rd  of October answering your questions, say hello to them! They’re really looking forward to getting you the latest and greatest information on O2 4G

As you know we’re bringing 13 cities 4G by the end of the year so we really want to know what questions you have, this will help us make sure we're doing all we can to get it right.

If you’re new to the community and want to get involved in this Virtual Interview check out our guide on what to do to ask a question, remember you need to be logged in to ask us. The guide on how to register/login to the community can be found here

To get your question answered by the team, simply reply to this thread below.

The Virtual interview will be at 12:30pm till 1:30pm on the 3rd of October, to take part just ask your question on this thread, if we don’t answer you in the hour we’ll make sure your question gets answered!

Ask away guys, look forward to seeing all of your questions!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I am thinking to buy an iPhone 5S, but actually I have no idea which network I want to choose. The EE or O2. Could U tell me how fast is the O2 download and upload speed?
I don't find any speedtest in youtube.
😞

Message 21 of 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
It will vary everytime you check it on all networks....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it depends on many factors, but average?

Message 23 of 60

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
People are reporting 45-65 down at the moment.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems O2 is faster than the duple speed EE?

Smiley Surprised

Message 25 of 60

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
It will be as there are not all that many people using O2's 4G service compared to EE's. You really can't compare a brand new service to one that's been running for 12 months. It will also vary by device, location, geography etc....

Currently using:
Message 26 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it is true.

Anyway one more question.

I want to by iPhone 5S 32 GB silver color with 4G tariff.

I want to choose Unlimited calls and texts and 1GB data.

At carphonewarehouse I have to pay for it £299 upfront cost and the monthly bill will be £32.

At O2 the upfront is £369.99 and the monthly bill is the same.

Why is the upfront more expensive at O2?

Message 27 of 60

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
CPW get a bonus from O2 for signing up customers which they pass on to you, hence the price for the phone is less.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
EIDzsi: I've been getting from 40 to over 50 Mb download speed in London - is much faster than my fibre optic home broadband. Very impressive indeed. Like any mobile service, there are some places where signal isn't great, but the 4G coverage is really good considering they only just started the service.

I was worried that on 800MHz the speed wouldn't be too great, but my experience so far proves otherwise.

Oh and the 5S rocks!!
Message 29 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
EIDzsi - sorry, forgot to note that my upload speeds are about 15 Mbs. That's 500% faster than I get on my fibre optic home broadband.
Message 30 of 60