cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would love to take this offer up but we only have 2g outdoor.ast where we live an no sign of it getting upgraded anytime soon 😞
Message 241 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Would love to take this offer up but we only have 2g outdoor.ast where we live an no sign of it getting upgraded anytime soon 😞

This is the plan http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

Even tho you cannot get it where you reside if you commute etc then you may visit an area with 4G.

Message 242 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

As great as this and the Speed I get
Since I am 750Mb it does burn fast
so when at work I Do end up Using the wireless hotspot from Three 4G Network on someone elses phone 😕

nothing shows Speed then using the connection of the competition to ration ones bandwidth lol

Message 243 of 269

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

FYI, texts about 4G are being sent out in segments, so if you have not received one but think you're in an area that would allow 4G, you will receive one between now and the end of March.

If you're using a 4G compatible SIM and device, you can request a 4G bolt-on.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 244 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received my text - my days of being the office 2nd class citizen are over!

Message 245 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

FYI, texts about 4G are being sent out in segments, so if you have not received one but think you're in an area that would allow 4G, you will receive one between now and the end of March.

If you're using a 4G compatible SIM and device, you can request a 4G bolt-on.

Cheers, Toby

How do you go about that?

Looked at My o2 & a 4G bolt on is not given as an option.

Message 246 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a dBm / asu figure I should be looking for, to ascertain whether a 4G connection is viable or not?

In an Urban environment I am doing better on 3G (HSPA+) than 4G. (3G 3+x faster than 4G)

Message 247 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27705 Solutions
I've not actually noticed much difference in speed between say 2 bars and 5 bars. At the moment I don't think 4G is all that mature, esp not in heavily populated areas (I see this on EE network too) so I have concluded it's just down to the number of users at the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 248 of 269

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi buseng12,

Please contact customer services about that.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 249 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi buseng12,

Please contact customer services about that.

Done! Had it enabled through live chat.

Thanks for your help.

Message 250 of 269