cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my phone notify me of a Voicemail when I dont have any Voicemails?

SLB92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is continuously providing notifications of a Voicemail when I do not have any new VMs. When I click into the VM section there is a blue dot next to Network Provider Voicemail. I have called the number and no further action on the call seems the right option. I have also deleted any existing messages. 

I have previously reset my settings as well but no change.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145316 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27890 Solutions

@SLB92 

Try calling yourself from another phone and leave a voicemail, then listen to it and delete.

This usually clears any stuck notifications.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6665 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SLB92 

I must admit that I have never found O2 voicemail satisfactory in recent years. I do not use voicemail but I still get "phantom" messages saying that I have got voicemails. When I check, I find that there aren't any.

I have used the workaround suggested by @MI5 to clear this ; but the problem inevitably recurs within two or three weeks. I have no option but to simply ignore the message as an irritant. 👍

Of course, it is not that simple if you really want to use voicemail. angry_devil

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145316 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27890 Solutions

I've never used VM and never get any phantom notifications either.

I'd double check your settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6665 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I've never used VM and never get any phantom notifications either.

I'd double check your settings.

I've gone all through that @MI5 on numerous occasions and cannot find a solution.

I am just resigned to the fact that I have one "phantom" notification per day to clear, which I can tolerate. 👍 

Message 5 of 5