Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

ChrisH53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hallo. My name's Chris. I keep getting a notification on my phone screen headed Chat Messaging saying I need to download 'Messages by Google' app or my Samsung messaging client will no longer support RCS on my phone from 11 Dec. I've got no idea what any of this means. I don't know if it's a scam or what. Any idea who I can/should contact? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@ChrisH53 

It's to support RCS messaging.

If you don't want or use it, just ignore the message.

What is RCS messaging, how does it work, and will it replace SMS? | Digital Trends

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@ChrisH53 

It's to support RCS messaging.

If you don't want or use it, just ignore the message.

What is RCS messaging, how does it work, and will it replace SMS? | Digital Trends

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Saint-555
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do i receive messages at ungodly hours? 11pm and 6am recently and how do i get times adjusted?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Saint-555 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Saint-555  If you have an Android phone you can control both the time and type of notifications.

The only notification that can wake me between 11pm and 6 am are from my family

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

You can create focus groups on iPhones too but it will just stop notifications, not stop the receipt of them.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6