cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Device doesnt connect to network without having to constantly restart or reset

helenjh007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 for a few years and never had a problem until my phone was stolen in Romania on 23rd february.

On return from Romania i got a replacement SIM which i put in my old handset - the network connection kept dropping when i moved between WIFI and outside or if I went through a poor network village the network wouldnt connect again without a restart.

I called O2 back and last week upgraded to a brand new iPhone 15 Pro - they also sent a new SIM card to double check that it wasnt the handset or the SIM at fault - however since getting my new handset on Tuesday I have the exact same problem I had with the first replacement SIM! 

I called O2 On thursday and was told somebody from the network team would get back to me ASAP - I had 2 voicemails left while I was out of the house and handn't restarted the phone for the umpteenth time on Saturday. I have just called them back for an update and they didnt raise the ticket on thursday as there wasnt enough information.

Now trying to tell me there is a problem with the mast which started yesterday - but that doesnt account for the rest of the week i have had NO WORKING PHONE!!! 

Apparently they will raise a ticket today but it can take them upto 5 working days to get back to me so I will have had a phone for almost the full 14 day cooling off period before somebody gets back to me - can anybody help?

I have tried a new handset, a new sim, turn it off and on again, a network reset and a full factory reset and NOTHING works.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@helenjh007 

Your account needs to be reset by tech services.

It involves disconnecting you from the network for a short while and is the only known fix for this issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

helenjh007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response but following several calls already to O2 customer service without anyone suggesting this do you happen to know how I can get them to hurry up and reset the account? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@helenjh007 

Tell / ask customer services to request it to tech services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4