Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switched to O2 from Vodafone and now can’t receive calls from Vodafone sims

Tirumalatha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For several months now, my phone hasn't been able to take Vodafone calls. It started with one of my contacts and now there are at least 4 people on my contacts list who are not barred but get the message "this person's phone is switched off" if they try calling.  They can WA me.  I reported this to customer support, the people tried but could not remedy it - SIM swap, tried the SIM in a different phone, etc.  I called customer services and after lengthy conversations and a whole lot of actions  which did not work, including disconnecting my account, they were unable to do anything and referred me to tech. Weeks later I have heard nothing from tech, have raised a complaint (and received no response) and am no further forward. Short of closing my account, what should I do?  Has anyone else had this problem.? (Also been to Vodafone who say it's not their problem either). It is so annoying and frustrating that no-one will take responsibility/fix this issue.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Did you port your number in to o2 when you joined @Tirumalatha ?

It sounds similar to a split port, in that not all the messages in the background are working correctly and unfortunately it is down to o2 to resolve...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Tirumalatha
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj Yes I ported my number to O2. tried reaching out to customer support multiple time but still issue not resolved.

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Unfortunately we can't really do much more here @Tirumalatha except say keep trying.

Have you been through social media as well as calling?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Whether in the case of split ports or (as here) incomplete, legacy or rogue porting data on a donor network, it is always the responsibility of the current host MNO to resolve - including chasing down the source of the issue, often external.

Apps such as WA, Messenger and suchlike don't use network routing - both your phone & the network operator, handle all usage as pure data traffic. So all this proves is that your phone has a working internet connection.

Message 5 of 5