Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

Knutsford
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know when 5G is coming to Knutsford please as I am dues an upgrade soon.Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6847 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

There is a well organised NIMBY faction in Knutsford.

Bit like Chester where 13 planning from the networks applications have been turned down in the last year!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 15

Knutsford
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Planning applications was a good idea. Crewe, Stockport, Macclesfield but nothing for Knutsford 😞 I didn't look to see if they were O2. I have moved from one side of Knutsford to the other and the 4G isn't working very well here inside the house. I was hoping to stay with O2. It must get here eventually. Thanks

Message 12 of 15

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6665 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Enlli 

It is always interesting to look at why they have been turned down.

In my area, 50 per cent of applications in the last year have been rejected. However, 25 per cent of those are applications submitted by Three that have been rejected due to "technical deficiencies in the application process". I think that means that they did not complete the application form correctly.     

Message 13 of 15

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6665 Posts
  • 121 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Enlli 

I have just posted a link to an article of ISP review about the sell-off of Cornerstone. I probably should have added it to this thread, but I did not remember that we were only talking about it yesterday ! 

Message 14 of 15

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 108 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Cornerstone is fast becoming a passive asset supplier anyway, where both independent operators install their own active kit on common structures.

The east/west divide is indeed a hangover from earlier days of the single-grid.

Message 15 of 15