cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap fail

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on a pay monthly bill and I ordered a new SIM deal on pay monthly, I tried to do a SIM swap via text but said it couldnt progress the swap so then tried via link online but it said swap was already in progress and now on my o2 it has both mobile numbers, so what do I do? Am I going be billed twice each month or will swap eventually take place? Advice?
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Advice?

Call CS in the morning and get them to look at what's going on with your account.

8.00 - 8.30 is best to call as it's quiet then.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Advice?

Call CS in the morning and get them to look at what's going on with your account.

8.00 - 8.30 is best to call as it's quiet then.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Definitely call them. You shouldn't have needed a sim swap if you are only changing tariff, unless this is in addition to your current pay monthly account. All changes would have been done on the system.

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Did you want 2 contracts.
If you just ordered a new sim they would have added it to your current account.
If you wanted just one it should have been done as an upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered it via the upgrade section on the o2 website which followed from upgrades in my o2 app and got new SIM in mail, I assumed it a straightforward number swap and tariff would change to new one, wonder if worth pop in-store after work tomorrow and see if can cancel one of them for me
Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They can possibly help but they would more than likely put you through to customer service. Your best option really is to call in the morning before work. Don't be tempted to use live chat.

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Calling really is best.
If you go in store they will only call CS anyway.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous If your sim in your old phone was the same size you needed for your new phone, there wasn't any need for you to do a swap. Call customer service this morning as has been advised.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous If your sim in your old phone was the same size you needed for your new phone, there wasn't any need for you to do a swap. Call customer service this morning as has been advised.

The issue is that there are 2 numbers showing in their MyO2 which looks like it didn't go through as an upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
are/were you on a refresh deal previously?
if yes, have you paid off the device plan?
if no, then had you reached the end of your contract?

if you have not paid off the device plan then you will not be able to swap your number over.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 21