cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged on my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, my name is stuart,i took up a new contract in march on a 25.90 which was with a discount of 30% and should have been £37.Since then i have been charged £60 in april and £37 in may,now they want £38 for june, i have been up shop on two occasions and made some calls to the shop,they say they will sort it but to no avail,should i cancel the direct debit so then they will have to contact me,what should i do?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I dont think you'll get a refund for the months where the discount didnt apply. I'm sure there will be something written into the terms and conditions which state that it will be applied on or after the 2nd bill.

That doesnt mean you shouldnt call and ask! I dont think shop staff can do this so you'll need to call  Customer Services. if you dont get a resolution then you should follow the complaints procedure.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93258 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Don't cancel the DD, call 202 and find out when the discount will be applied. Also check in My O2 what the extra charges are for.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have phoned 202 and they told me to go back to shop,on view my bill there are no extra charges,what it is the discount hasnt been applied and i think they are charging me the original price of £37,but what is annoying is that nothing is being done

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

check your contract and see if there is a clause where o2 can change the price they charge you.  There a story about it on watchdog a couple of week a go.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145071 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

check your contract and see if there is a clause where o2 can change the price they charge you.  There a story about it on watchdog a couple of week a go.

This has nothing to do with the question and there are many threads and explanations on the website for the price rise Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have phoned 202 and they told me to go back to shop,on view my bill there are no extra charges,what it is the discount hasnt been applied and i think they are charging me the original price of £37,but what is annoying is that nothing is being done

I managed to get my discount sorted via Live Chat when I noticed that it hadnt been applied to my account. I'm sure from reading on here that discounts dont usually apply until the 2nd bill but it would appear it hasnt on yoru account.

So yeah do as Jonsie said and call 202 and tell them you want the discount applied. Out of interest, what type of discount was it? Employers discount? Friends and Family?

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

friends and family discount but i have not been refunded yet for the overcharge of previous months

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I dont think you'll get a refund for the months where the discount didnt apply. I'm sure there will be something written into the terms and conditions which state that it will be applied on or after the 2nd bill.

That doesnt mean you shouldnt call and ask! I dont think shop staff can do this so you'll need to call  Customer Services. if you dont get a resolution then you should follow the complaints procedure.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks all of you for your help,its been very useful

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

just come off the phone to o2,they told me only today the discount was added which should have been added in march when i took on the contract,i have lost my discount since then it will be used on my next bill in july.i have written a letter to head office and hope they will refund me.thanks for the advice its been very helpful

Message 10 of 10