cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving certain texts (such as verification codes,2 factor etc) since porting over from EE

Liam-G
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just putting this out there to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues? how long did it take to get fixed any additional suggestions

currently using an iphone 13 pro (unlocked) 02, unlimited calls,texts + 50gb data.

72++ hours since my number was ported over from EE, i can make and receive calls,send and receive text messages(apart from verification codes) mobile data works fine 4G/5G, signal is also full.

after getting sent from 02 to apple back to 02 back to apple back to 02!!!, 02 have finally sent out a new sim, so will update if this rectifies the issue. apple asked me to text HELP to 48369 which came back not delivered, i was having issues with activating imessage hence why i kept getting put through to apple support however i noticed it was any verification codes, Halifax, parking apps, microsoft 2 factor. 

-network settings have been reset

-phone works with my EE,3 & vodafone sim (All connect to imessage fine) my 02, i get a activation failed on imessage/facetime with my 02 sim

-cant receive verification code to activate mobile number from within apple id menu

-sim card has been cleaned

-number is correct in settings

-have a £5 allowance cap on account

-switched been automatic network selection and 02 manually

-tried 02 in another iphone (7), also doesnt work (to rule out the device) 

-dial assist enabled/disabled no effect

-signed out of apple id.

-date/time correct

-no vpn connected/active

-tried multiple ISP via wifi

-wait another couple hours and try 😕

above are just a few things i have tried to rectify the issue, although 02 are getting me to do the same things over and over again for the last few days, but like i said at the start they have finally sent me a new sim so hopefully this fixes the issue.

hope none of you experience this going forward or if you have, i would be interested to see your replies.

im a bit screwed at the moment as 2 factor is on my email which i need a text for (yes its my own fault for not having multi factor + additional but hey ho, i expect the sim to work pretty much straight away)

-Liam

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36494 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Siegenpa wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Over two hours of live chat with O2 without a solution, but the issue has been escalated.  I receive normal text messages, but not identification codes nor, it seems, other messages generated by automated systems (e.g. confirmation of medical appointment) rather than being sent from someone else's mobile phone, as I receive the latter.   Very strange indeed, and intensely frustrating.

Paul

If you keep an eye on your Forum "Private Messages" from 8am Tues, @O2Sarah- is on and may be able to help, @Siegenpa - good luck!

Message 11 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Siegenpa I will send you a private message so we can look int this 😊

Message 12 of 21

JonRE
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- I am having exactly the same issue on one of my sims (recently transferred from plus net) Fails to send SMS to 48369 meaning iMessage can’t activate. Please can you help 

Message 13 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @JonRE 

Of course i can. I'll send you a private message so we can check your amount.

Message 14 of 21

Liaa21
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- I am having the same issue. Any help would be fantastic 

Message 15 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36494 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Liaa21 wrote:

O2Sarah- I am having the same issue. Any help would be fantastic 

Tagging @O2Georgina who is on today. Good luck, @Liaa21.

Message 16 of 21

Hales21
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this is an old thread but did anybody manage to get a solution to this please? 

Message 17 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Hales21 

You need to go back to o2, and ask them to pass it to the porting team who will liase with the network that owns your number to resolve the issue, as it will be down to that network to ensure they are not blocking /  not forwarding the OTP

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 21

Hales21
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. My number was originally with sky mobile, I then switched to Lyca for a week and then on to O2. Is it sky that own the number? 

Message 19 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Hales21 

Yes Sky own the Mobile Number, the problem could be related to the short period between Sky, Lyca and O2, which could be causing issues with the OTP's

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 20 of 21