cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic pay as you go sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.

im probably being a bit dim here but i want to get a sim card for my friend. she doesnt use the phone much so she doesnt want to be paying £10 a month on pay as you go. she just needs a basic pay as you go tarrif where you top up when she needs it. shes currently on orange but wants to move to 02 and has had £10 on her phone since december!!

my problem is that i cant find a 02 sim card  , just a pay as you go go...do 02 have basic sim cards????

thanks...x

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can order 02 sim cards online {ensure you choose the correct sim size and PAYG option} or pop into your local 02 high-street store and note you be asked to put £10 on the sim.

Is your friend wanting to port her number from Orange to 02. If so ask her to obtain a PAC Code from Orange while her account is still live and give that code to 02 customer service. Dont use live chat as they are ok for general info but not that competent in account issues.

Take a look at this link for vailable PAYG tariffs.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can order 02 sim cards online {ensure you choose the correct sim size and PAYG option} or pop into your local 02 high-street store and note you be asked to put £10 on the sim.

Is your friend wanting to port her number from Orange to 02. If so ask her to obtain a PAC Code from Orange while her account is still live and give that code to 02 customer service. Dont use live chat as they are ok for general info but not that competent in account issues.

Take a look at this link for vailable PAYG tariffs.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
What's happened to the old text & web tariff? Has this been deleted from the PAYG options now? If it has been deleted I suggest you look at getting a GiffGaff SIM. It's still O2 but you can just top up and use the credit whenever you want..... http://giffgaff.com/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought text & web was still available
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thought text & web was still available
It's no longer showing on the PAYG tariff pages.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh right, so is it discontinued then
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 144640 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
Good find, however, if you try and order the SIM it takes you into an endless loop that never gets you anywhere near obtaining one.... 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah its gone 1

Sneeky of 02 to fade away the tariff like this    wink

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very sneaky that's why I queried it
Message 10 of 11