Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Options

Derbof
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have two O2 contracts with both on double data via Volt. One of the contracts is due for renewal in a few weeks, a 5GB 18month sim-only (10GB with Volt) that currently costs £13.10pm. Looking around I seen affiliate deals (USwitch) offering 30GB 12month sim-only for £8 a month. If I go to the upgrade option via MyO2, it costs £15.99 pm for 30GB over 24 months, nearest 12 month offer is £20 pm for £25. Not great really and a miles away from the USwitch offer.

Am I better just closing the 5GB 18month sim-only contract as it ends in a few weeks and get a new sim/number with the USwitch deal or is there anyway to keep the number with USwitch? I realise that an O2-O2 number port may not be possible. I was on O2's chat and they weren't interested in offering anything over what is on their website, not even the 30GB of data @ £15.99 over 12 months instead of 24 months. Also, will I also get the double data with the USwitch sim-only deal? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Taking the offer on USwitch transfers you directly onto the O2 website

Simply choose Upgrade when completing the deal

Changeover to the new deal will be almost immediate, you keep the same billing date and your number, then your next bill will show an adjustment taking into consideration the new tariff (usually cheaper bill)

Volt reapplies automatically within 14 days (mine took just 5)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36461 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

All the ways to port and migrate here, @Derbof - Guide: Migration & porting into O2  - and if you order off Uswitch, it passes the order into O2's online basket and you keep O2 as your billing management system, eg:

1000004683.png

1000004684.png

Seems a no-brainer to me. 

Oh, and Volt will apply Volt Megaguide 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Derbof
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info @pgn! Just so I am on the same page here - if I want to keep the number of my O2 contract that is up for renewal in a few weeks and transfer it to the new USwitch O2 sim I would do the below:

1) Buy the USwitch sim-only deal and wait for it to be setup in MyO2 account

2) When the new sim-only deal appears in MyO2 account I call customer services (or can it be done online?) to transfer the number (pay-monthly to pay-monthly number transfer) of the contract up for renewal to the new O2 sim from USwitch?

3) When the number transfers I then close the account that is up for renewal in a few weeks or would that happen automatically as the number is transffered?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Taking the offer on USwitch transfers you directly onto the O2 website

Simply choose Upgrade when completing the deal

Changeover to the new deal will be almost immediate, you keep the same billing date and your number, then your next bill will show an adjustment taking into consideration the new tariff (usually cheaper bill)

Volt reapplies automatically within 14 days (mine took just 5)

Message 4 of 6

Derbof
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Outstanding @jonsie - I would not have thought of seeing that all the way through or ever thinking I could do the upgrade in this manner. Its all went through and I am delighted. Hopefully the new tariff will be live soon so my son can make use of the extra data slight_smile

Thanks again to both @pgn and @jonsie for this.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions