Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up terms changing 19th July.

Soks99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just heard from my local store that O2 Switch up will be 90 days for everyone. Can I confirm is this true and will there be an exit clause thingy as it's a change to the T&C's?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145057 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Dave-O2 ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 27

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 690 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5

@Soks99 From 19th June 2024, we’ll be moving impacted customers onto the latest version of our O2 Switch Up terms and conditions (Switch Up every 90 days)

We'll be contacting impacted customers directly to advise of this change.

Due to these changes, affected customers will have the right to end their Airtime Plan. Further instructions on how to do this will be included in our communication.

If you decide to cancel your Airtime Plan, you will need to either continue paying your Device Plan in the agreed monthly installments or you can pay the remaining balance off in full. 

This is because your Device Plan is a separate loan agreement.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 3 of 27

Tarqy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Can you let the people

on the phones know this? Called 5 times and spent over 2 hours on the phone being told various things from the quite ridiculous suggestion that it’s not a real o2 email to it was sent in error with the call centre staff refusing to end my airtime plan.

I’ve escalated to complaints but it shouldn’t have to be this way!

Message 4 of 27

Abdul4
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called o2 service. They are saying its a scam. They have no idea about this? Can you guide how to end contract? O2 services are of no help. 

Message 5 of 27

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36512 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@Abdul4 wrote:

Called o2 service. They are saying its a scam. They have no idea about this? Can you guide how to end contract? O2 services are of no help. 

From the top of this thread, where the change date cited is "from 19th June 2024":

--> Due to these changes, affected customers will have the right to end their Airtime Plan. Further instructions on how to do this will be included in our communication.

The change has not come into effect yet, @Abdul4 -you may need to try cancelling closer to or after 19-JUN-2024.

Message 6 of 27

Tarqy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The email does have further details and implies you have 30 days from receipt of the notification of the change of terms to cancel. The email was sent out on 1st May with instructions to ring 202 but similar to @Abdul4 I’ve also been told it’s a scam email which it clearly is not.

Message 7 of 27

Abdul4
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What are the chances they dont want us to leave and just beating around the bush so the 30 day deadline pass

Message 8 of 27

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6805 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Can't see the point in leaving. You still have to pay the handset loan off and you end up with a phone you will need to sell or trade in for a new one.

If you stay you can still change every 90 days which TBH is quite reasonable and better than elsewhere

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 27

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Abdul4 wrote:

What are the chances they dont want us to leave and just beating around the bush so the 30 day deadline pass

Interesting conspiracy theory @Abdul4, but there is a far greater chance of it being pure incompetence and the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing. 😀  

Message 10 of 27