Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up changes

Liam2805
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you got O2 Switch Up as part of a Plus Plan tariff before 3 August 2023 and have stayed on a Plus Plan since then, you can continue to swap your phone whenever you like.

If you got O2 Switch Up as part of a Plus Plan tariff from 3 August 2023, you can swap to a new phone every 90 days.

Im probably over thinking this and it's pretty obvious,but would the 2nd part of the statement apply if I were to switch up now? As from what I thought you effectively start a new plan whenever you switch up? Or because we had been sold the switch up plan as being able to do it as often as we like, they have to honour that now until we change to a completely different plan?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@Liam2805 

Much discussion on here already regarding that.

Awaiting further clarification. 

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Liam2805 As far as official O2 policy, what you're thinking is correct. If you were on a Plus Plan with Switch Up (not the bolt on) before August 3rd, 2023, the terms you agreed to at the start-- Switch up whenever you want still applies--essentially nothing changes for you.

Response from O2's @Chris_K here about the changes.

If you signed up after that, you're subject to the 90 days rule. 

That being said, multiple people have unfortunately had issues since the change. If you do go to Switch Up and they won't let you citing the 90 day policy (and you are a pre-August 3 customer), drop the info in this thread here@Chris_K is monitoring that post and working hard to make sure the stores are all up to date.

Message 3 of 3