Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce Plan term

Alice-Wonder99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all! I have my mobile phone contract ending soon with the device paid off. I have a synced Apple iwatch contract that ends in December which I am still paying the device off. So I am wanting to leave and move to another network but when I received my PAC code I was told I would incur an early termination fee being minimum contract. I was looking in my o2 app and it shows on the Apple iwatch device two options for one off payments. Option one I can reduce monthly payment for my device and option two I can reduce my plan term. The information from it says “

You can make a one-off payment to either reduce your monthly amount, or reduce the number of months left on your Device Plan.”

I have tried speaking to o2 advisors who keep passing me to one person to another with noone answering my questions.

Would I incur early termination fees if I paid off my device plan? 

Also if I reduced my plan term so I ends next month would the early termination fee be less since the contract would end next month instead of this year in December? 

Thank you if you got this far without giving up! slight_smile 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Alice-Wonder99 

You just pay what's remaining and that's it, you are then free to leave.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Alice-Wonder99 

You just pay what's remaining and that's it, you are then free to leave.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2