Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPI 2023

PurpleRonnie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems O2 have been a bit cheeky with there RPI increases to new iphone 14 pro's and pro max's this year.  The price increases are meant to be applied to airtime plans.  However, now looking at device plans for iPhones 14 pro's and pro max's  over the course of the contract, they cost approx £100 more over the term of the contract than buying direct from Apple.  I guess not an issue for most customer people, but if like me you qualify for O2 Open, then the saving will be less than if RPI had been applied to the air time for these phone models

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@PurpleRonnie 

It's nothing to do with rpi increase.

Devices are always more than buying direct which is a "hidden" extra so they can advertise 0% finance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6737 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

I may be wrong, but I understood that those on Refresh packages, where the phone is paid separately to airtime, only the latter increased.

If it isn't Refresh then it applies to the total package.

That's what this seems to indicate 

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

Its simply supply and demand for those handsets, and the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max's are in very high demand still

You can always shop at Apple and use their Finance provider and just go sim only with o2... or look at John Lewis they are trying to get rid of stock..

@Enlli 
You are correct the only thing that goes up is the airtime component

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4