Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old o2 number to new o2 Sim

Christinaasell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would really appreciate any support at customer services have been no help. 

I ended my old contract in my mums name and started a new pay monthly sim only contract and asked for my old number to be ported over to my new number. 

so far o2 have been useless and failed to put in request on Saturday. After many wasted hours in and out of local store and speaking online, only to be passed from person to person, did someone put in a new request. They are saying one number is on 360 and the other is on legacy and that’s why. I’ve been told it could take to six tonight but I’m not confident. This is 5 days without my number now and it’s stressful as I use it for personal and business. 

I have the new sim in as the signal was lost from my old one on Saturday but still no transfer. If anyone works at o2 or has had this problem, please help! 

@O2Emma people have said you are very helpful, so if you can help, I’d be so grateful. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Christinaasell Was your mum involved in the move from the old contract to the new one because she should have been. If the old contract was in her name you would have no authority to cancel it. Does your new sim work with your new phone number? You're going to have to keep on at customer service to get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6793 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Christinaasell Emma no longer works here. All advisors have been withdrawn.

Pity, because they did help

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Christinaasell Was your mum involved in the move from the old contract to the new one because she should have been. If the old contract was in her name you would have no authority to cancel it. Does your new sim work with your new phone number? You're going to have to keep on at customer service to get this sorted.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Christinaasell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes she was and has been every-time I'm on the phone. And yes, my new number and sim works! 

I know I’m going to have to keep on at them but just seems so ridiculous and is incredibly frustrating and would love a resolution. Thanks for your reply 

Message 5 of 10

Bambino
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@Christinaasell We have no access to anyone else's account and our ability to be able to pass issues like this onto O2 advisors has unfortunately been withdrawn, so we can't offer much more in the way of advice. With any luck you'll eventually find someone in customer service who knows what they're doing. 

If you have no joy, you can lodge a formal complaint: How to Complain | Help | O2 We know the Resolver link within that link has produced good results for some.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

rdsss
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got exactly the same problem! Old number and sim cancelled, currently stuck with a temporary number, hoping it updates to my old one

Message 7 of 10

Christinaasell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The new sim I have in has now lost signal so I’ve got nothing at all. Not one working sim and can’t even ring them again. Off to the shop tomorrow…again. I’ve never known such awful customer service. 

Message 8 of 10

Christinaasell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted after keeping on at them and it turned out the chat assistant in the app was the best form of communication and the person I dealt with was great and finally gave me all the answers I needed.

Top tip: don’t back down and keep being persistent! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice! 

Message 9 of 10

rdsss
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What ended up happening? My new sim

has just lost service too 

Message 10 of 10