cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering new address in a new build when postcode address is not recognised by O2

AnneP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have moved house. My new home is a new build and when I put in the postcode on my O2 in order to change my details, it offers a small number of properties on this street but not the one I live in.

In the absence of being able to enter this manually, what do I do?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37091 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

This happens until O2 next update their address and postcode database, which can take up to 6 months - reach out to O2's Social Media Team via the link below and ask them if they can enter your correct postcode manually for you, @AnneP.

Nudge them occasionally until you get a response. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145919 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@AnneP 

You'll need to contact O2 until their system catches up with Royal Mail Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 8

AnneP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have done this and I think it was a great suggestion as the chat bot help function on my O2 doesn't recognise the query. Nice one Digital Don!

Message 4 of 8

AnneP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply but the contact suggestion on site that links to a chat bot doesn't help because the query is not recognised.....have taken up the other idea of using social media 😄 thanks anyway MI5!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 145919 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

Social media links in the guide I posted too @AnneP 

In fact, it's a complete guide, not just one way of contact. 😉

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 8

AnneP
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh okay, I was just so dazzled by that frenetic video thingie you've got going on there that I couldn't read your message properly 😜

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 145919 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

Good feedback. Thanks 👍

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 8