Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen

Blunds
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Upgrade was due 2nd March but DPD failed to knock the door, when parcel was delivered the following day the parcel contained a stapler... 

Evidently the first delivery driver has stolen the phone and substituted it, there is evidence of this within the parcel when there is a tear inside and the label has been replaced. I have had over 7 calls with 02 but feel I am being fobbed off, with the original investigation closed down with DPD but no response or progress as to how to proceed, so the investigation was reopened. I was told complaints would call me within 48hours, this was last Thursday and still no call! 
Getting bored of calling 02 and getting past around multiple departments and being left on hold whilst they read the thread of my complaint. Is there a more effective method of settling this dispute? I have emailed twice with no response and have contacted the online chat, but the team don't seem to be answering what is happening and I am currently paying a 36month contract for a piece of stationary!! Any advice on how to proceed?? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Blunds 

I'd suggest legal action.

Hopefully you have video evidence of you opening the package as proof?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Blunds 

An alternative tactic could be to contact O2's Executive Relations Team. I wrote about them in this thread :-

This is a message for O2 bosses if they want to ke... - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/This-is-a-message-for-O2-bosses-if-they-want-to-k...

If you do decide to contact the Executive Relations Team, please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145067 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Blunds 

Reporting it as theft and getting a crime number from your local police force may also go in your favour.

If the same driver has pulled the same trick a few times they may have other reports on file.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Blunds 

It could be that DPD have passed it to the Police, and its DPD's responsibility to replace it as there member of staff has stolen the phone..  Not sure why you think o2 should replace it without DPD paying for it.. So go back to DPD and get them to put it right!!!

And to be honest there is little o2 can do, and sod all the Exec Relations Team can do, follow @MI5 advice contact the police, and hopefully you have video or photographic evidence..

As no offence but if you cant it could be you pulling a fast one, as has been known by people before.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

As the contract with DPD for delivery is that of O2, I am sure that O2 can influence DPD to resolve the issue, particularly as O2 probably put a lot of business in DPD's direction. Hence, my suggestion of the Executive Relations Team.  

I am not suggesting that the OP should not go along the police and legal route, but a two-pronged approach might lead to quicker resolution. 👍 

Message 6 of 6