cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says I have data left, o2 says I've used it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys.

I have an iPhone 5 and every month I reset my Cellular Usage to keep an eye on my data. This month I have just had a text from o2 to say I've used all my data, and I'm now being restricted. I can purchase extra data (at an extortionate cost) should I wish.

The problem I have with this is that my phone shows I've sent 194mb and received 767mb, for a total of 961mb. Which means I have 39mb left to use. However, I can't because o2 have already cut me off.

In this scenario, who is likely right? o2 who control my data limits (and charge me for extra), or my iPhone, that has no financial interest in me going over my data.

Thanks,

Adam

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27829 Solutions
I'd say it was close enough to allow for natural tolerancing. Either way it's within 5% accuracy.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would check it on my O2 as well as sometimes the figures can be wrong but I do the same and have generally never had a problem if you still think its wrong phone O2 I did that once and they added on 500mb as a goodwill gesture you never know mate
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27829 Solutions
I'd say it was close enough to allow for natural tolerancing. Either way it's within 5% accuracy.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3