cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Go Go Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been an O2 Pay As You Go customer for some time, but I've recently purchased a sim free mobile (Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini) as I don't make that many calls so I don't need a monthly contract.

When I look at the O2 options I'm offered a free sim card and Pay and Go Go Go option for £10 per month but I'm unsure what this if for. Is it a monthly contract or will I be committed to a £10 monthly top-up?

Please excuse my ignorance as never having owned one of these phones I am completely in the dark as to what I should do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
That's if you want the allowance included each month. You top up and get a call/text/data allowance for 30 days.
After 30 days you can either top up again to get another allowance or use the credit that was last months top up to make calls etc....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
No, it's not a contract but you have to put on £10 a month to get your allowances of calls, texts and data.
If you only want to top up occasionally go for one of the O2 Unlimited SIM's. Then your top up amount will last until you use it up and not expire monthly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I look at the options under Sims only, it says that the O2 Unlimited is from £15 per month. I can't find an option that allows me to top-up as and when I need to.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I look at the options under Sims only, it says that the O2 Unlimited is from £15 per month. I can't find an option that allows me to top-up as and when I need to.

The top up is credit on your account and never expires so you can take as long as you want to use the top up, as long as you make at least one call every 6 months.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your replies, but I'm confused as to why it says that it is from £15 pm.

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
That's if you want the allowance included each month. You top up and get a call/text/data allowance for 30 days.
After 30 days you can either top up again to get another allowance or use the credit that was last months top up to make calls etc....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I see. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
No probs.... I think they deliberately word it to look like you HAVE to top up each month, but with Unlimited your credit never expires.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Sue38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

I am confused by the different tariffs as well. I just wanted a simple pay as you go tariff as am an infrequent user, but have recently bought a pay and Go Go tariff without realising that this committed me to a regular monthly payment.

I don't really understand the O2 unlimited tariff either as it reads that you need to make a regular monthly payment. eg the £10 payment gives you 50MB data. Does this 50MB data expire after a month and then you get charged £1 per day for data usage unless you pay another £10 , or does the 50MB last until its all used up however long that may be ?

thanks

Sue

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The included allowances last for the month. After that you use the credit on your phone.
However, with unlimited you keep your top up, so, say you put on £15, you get £15 credit plus your allowance for a month. After the month is up you still have £15 to use as you wish. Best to turn off data though so it doesn't burn through your credit in 15 days.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18