cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off on holiday today HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see all the information from O2 on travel usage feel comfortable using my phone in Turkey next week.

However, my hotel offers free wi-fi and being a bit thickSmiley Very Happy I cannot work out from O2 help will this free Wi-fi be free? Or will my international data rates kick in?

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 travel will not work in turkey as they are not in the eu. Below is pay monthly costs

Making calls - per minute£1.50
Receiving calls - per minute£1.25
Sending texts - per message40p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage

£6*

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

So you need to turn cell / mobile data off and turn off voice mail 1760 before you leave the uk.

And only use the hotels wifi.

O2 travel only works in the following countries

The service is available in Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 travel will not work in turkey as they are not in the eu. Below is pay monthly costs

Making calls - per minute£1.50
Receiving calls - per minute£1.25
Sending texts - per message40p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage

£6*

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

So you need to turn cell / mobile data off and turn off voice mail 1760 before you leave the uk.

And only use the hotels wifi.

O2 travel only works in the following countries

The service is available in Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23240 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

If you are on Pay Monthly and have a compatible phone, and don't have it installed yet, install the TuGo app, which will enable you to use your talk and text allowance over WiFi. As adamtemp says, you should only use it over the free WiFi in your hotel. Here is a link if you don't have it yet:

http://www.o2.co.uk/tugo/want-it

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3