Did you mean: 

Moorcroft

Hodgson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Can anyone help 

I have a watch linked to my phone account and this account has been passed to Moorcroft due to a late payment which I wasnt aware of! 

I called today as my phone wont connect to 3/4/5/g and been told the phone has been restricted and I need to call Moorcroft and pay the full balance to get it re-connected 

I dont have the full balance to pay and Moorcroft are useless and rude 

I am now paying for a phone each month and I cannot use it? despite this phone account being fully paid up to date

I know its my fault for missing a payment but I didnt expect the debt to be sold immediately 

Any advice on what I can do here? the payments team tell me to go to Moorcroft and they say they cant do anything?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Hodgson 

Moorcroft cannot reconnect you.

Only O2 can, but Moorcroft will inform O2 that you have paid and then you can hound O2 to reconnect you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10226 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Hodgson 

It takes 2-3 months for the debt to be sold to a Moorcroft, and you need to deal with Moorcroft, and depending on delinquency they will reconnect you for a fee usually around £15 per number...

You need to ring and pay Moorcroft ASAP..  That is all we can advise and all o2 can advise..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Hodgson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted Moorcroft who said they cant reconnect the device, So I basically have a contract that I am now paying for each month that is restricted - I dont see how they can do this when the account I am using is fully paid up to date?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Hodgson 

Moorcroft cannot reconnect you.

Only O2 can, but Moorcroft will inform O2 that you have paid and then you can hound O2 to reconnect you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4