cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, this may be a daft question but here goes. My bill is due to come out of account on the 18th May. Earlier this month, I made a payment for this amount and the moment even though the payment is due Sunday, my balance* is showing nil. Does this mean in effect, I have already paid this bill with my earlier payment (it is my first bill with 02) cheers

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chrismorris86
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
If you pay a bill a week before the DD is due then an instruction will not be sent to your bank for the payment. But only if you make early payments 7 days before the due date of course.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Making the payment on your account should cover the amount.

As we are customers we cannot access your account.

For official clarification maybe call Cs on 202.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145496 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions
Yes sounds like the bill is paid up so the system shouldn't call for the DD, but, if it does, it will sit as a credit on your account and be used for next months bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
In theory you won't have anything taken out as its usually 3 days before the direct debit amount is sent off for batch processing. Normally it will be taken out on next working day with my experiences with o2 but the DD T&C's may state it can be taken out the previous working day. Also, your bank may allow DD's to come out first thing on the working day or last thing but it does vary between banks.
Message 4 of 5

chrismorris86
Level 3: Thinker
  • 33 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
If you pay a bill a week before the DD is due then an instruction will not be sent to your bank for the payment. But only if you make early payments 7 days before the due date of course.
Message 5 of 5