Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage my details - cannot change address

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions

So a colleague at work is moving house and needs to change the address on his account.

He logs into My o2 (website, not app - can't do it in the app as I have just checked) and clicks on the 'manage my details' link on the right.

main page.jpg

When you scroll down to the section called billing address it gives you a link back to the My o2 main page!

change address.jpg

To actually find the billing address, you need to click on the 'manage my...' link directly under the number on the account.

manage phone.png

This loads the account page, and from here you need to click the link 'change payment details' - even though you are not actually changing any payment information!

change payment details.jpg

When you scroll to the bottom of the bills page it finally shows your billing address with a link to change it (you will see your address under 'Billing address' - I have removed mine...).

change address.jpg

Not the most intuitive way to find and update your address.

My colleague actually did it over live chat in the end (surely they can't get that wrong?), but would have been easier if the process was a littlel clearer!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
What should happen (in my mind) is that the link to billing address (second image) takes you straight to the section with the billing address (last image) instead of back to the main page.
I get WHY it does it like it does - if you have multiple accounts you might change the address of the wrong one.
Or you might only change the address for one account and not all...
Either way, it is not particularly clear how to get there!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145263 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions
It used to be easier but it was one of the "improvements" they made a while back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123559 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Even for someone with one device, it requires time and patience to get to the change billing address section....and yes it takes you on a loop back to the main page.

We have said many many times that the whole of My O2 needs a revamp.

Here's an idea.

When I click on the blue link stating change my billing address I should be taken straight to my billing address. That's it. Simple

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12164 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1131 Solutions
That is what I thought!
But we can't make it that easy for customers is probably what the IT guys were thinking...

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I had the  same diverted, circular, and ignore toll toads and motorways route when I had to change my billing address before moving here. 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 145263 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I had the  same diverted, circular, and ignore toll toads and motorways route when I had to change my billing address before moving here. 

Morning jonsie Bouncy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions