Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make calls but can not receive or sms

Anonymous
Not applicable

A copy from my claim:

Good afternoon
On March 10, 2015 after conversation with an employee of the O2 shop in Swindon accepted exchange my old operator (Asda Mobile) by O2, initially with Pay and Go to test the service and then possibly pass the service of my family for a monthly subscription.
On 13 I enable the service and asked the portability of my old number to O2 by providing for such a PAC code. Since it is weekend service would take about 2 business days to be activated. After 3 days the service remained the same, I contacted customer support who informed me that due to a security problem number portability had not been made but the operator asked again the code to again make the porting request.
Again and after 2 and nothing ...
21 could finally make calls already with the updated number ..... but not receive calls. To receive calls had to use Asda Mobile card. I went to the O2 shop in Swindon and they themselves could not believe that the same number was 2 operators, one to receive calls and another for calls. Even in the store and with the help of the official contacted the helpline who sent us to the most varied tests since settings to exchange equipment and nothing.
Then they sent me to call Asda Mobile who informed me that the number was no longer theirs but the O2 and as such could do nothing.
Since then call several times a day for customer support where I had various experiences some good and some very bad. Since I hang up the phone, say that bind later promised that will have to resolve the issue and I will reward for service failure (2 times), they already knew what the problem and the next day would be solved and today after having connected the 15:18 and after the operator ask me to wait on the phone for about 20 minutes I was told once again that they knew the problem and that within an hour or two contact  me, and it took another contact number, but nothing happened or the telephone calls or contacted me.
Now only lack promise me will take a mobile phone to make up for all the inconvenience caused and then nothing ... that now you can not be angry just makes you want to laugh so much incompetence services.
It will be too much to ask that my phone to receive and make calls? That calls will be missed that? Important, unimportant ........ What is certain is that does not work and nobody wants to resolve the matter.
I leave here my data so that I can sort it out and reward the great failure of service and very urgent please.

Can someone help me? Please....

Sergio

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
No one here can fix it as we are just customers but we can advise and what you need to do is to get o2 to contact asda and request the porting files again.
You have a split port which is not uncommon and easily fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Call between 8-8.30am which is the best time. it needs someone who understands the problem and to get it resolved for you.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just try everything but nothing. i try now chat on line but they hang up and every day i try 2 or 3 times and always promise call back but nothing

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Live chat will be no use at all.
You need to call CS on 202 for contract or 4445 for PAYG
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Another poster with the dreaded 'make calls but no texts'.....I know it could be a split port as you suggested @MI5 though very coincidental that it's a similar problem many others are experiencing ?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I'm not aware of anyone else reporting two different numbers for making and receiving calls?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm not aware of anyone else reporting two different numbers for making and receiving calls?

Ok....just was referring to the title of the thread really....no matter...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8