Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my dream house and can't get a mortgage because of O2

booklight123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration regarding the handling of fraudulent accounts opened in my name with O2. This issue has not only impacted my credit score but has also significantly hindered my ability to secure a mortgage and purchase a home.

Despite multiple attempts to address this matter with your customer service department, the situation remains unresolved. I have made a total of 11 calls to customer services in March and April, and each time, I have been met with incompetence and lack of progress.

Not only have fraudulent accounts been opened in my name, but they have also been misspelled, raising serious concerns about the lack of security measures in place to prevent such occurrences. I find it utterly unacceptable that these accounts could be created without proper identity verification procedures.

Furthermore, I have been provided with conflicting information regarding when the fraud team would contact me. Promises of contact within 30 days, 7 days, and even 24 hours have all gone unfulfilled, leaving me feeling frustrated and neglected.

It is particularly distressing to learn that the fraud team is not customer-facing and that I have been unable to speak with them directly. This lack of accessibility, coupled with the apparent ineffectiveness of your customer service representatives, has resulted in an overwhelming amount of stress and wasted time on my part.

As a result of O2's inadequate response to this situation, my partner and I have lost our dream home. This is a devastating consequence that could have been avoided with proper security measures and timely intervention from your fraud team.

I expect O2 to take immediate action to rectify this situation, including conducting a thorough investigation into the fraudulent accounts, restoring my credit score, and providing compensation for the distress and inconvenience caused.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Regretfully, this is a customer to customer Community and we have nobody here from O2 who will read your post.

I have sympathy as O2s fraud team take far longer than necessary on many of these cases

All we can advice is keeping on at O2

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5904 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@booklight123 

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

It has been mentioned that other O2 customers have had similar issues. In fact, last Autumn, there were several national newspaper articles and even a programme on TV about fraud against O2. You can find details of those if you search this forum.  

I would keep reminding O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Please keep us informed of developments.

Message 3 of 3