cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand why I've been disconnected, even though I paid

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was behind on payments, but recently caught up and paid them what they asked for.

However, when I logged into my account I can see that I'm now being charged a disconnection bill, which I will never be able to afford. Please no lectures about paying on time - I know I should have done - but why am I being paid a disconnection bill, even though I paid all that they asked for in my last bill?

Or was I disconnected, and the payment before was just ... a payment? 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to discus this asap with o2 directly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If your payments are not made on time O2 can close your contract and insist on full payment for the entire contract.

You might want to speak to the CAB to see if they can help you to organise any debts you may now have.

This will also go onto your credit record making it difficult to obtain credit in the future.

I would consider taking out a loan from a reputable company to pay this off and allow you to pay it back in smaller amounts over a longer period.

From the terms:

5.9 You must pay your monthly bill by the date stated on your bill. For any overdue payments we may charge interest at 2% per annum above the base lending rate of HSBC Bank Plc. That interest will be calculated from the due date until the date of payment and on a daily basis. We reserve the right to make a charge for our reasonable administration costs which result from late or non-payment of Charges.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to discus this asap with o2 directly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that.

I WAS behind on payments. They asked for an immediate payment in my last bill, which I gave. Then when I logged in today I've got a disconnection bill for over £400. 

The last bill didn't quite register though - even though I paid, it showed up on my bill that I still had an overdue payment, although I had actually paid what they had asked for. I even contacted O2 about it and they assured me that everything was OK. 

Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23180 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

You need to call O2 Customer Services on 202 from your mobile. Do not try to get this resolved using Live Chat. You'll be much better off if you speak to someone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a mix up.

A call as said will hopefully resolve this for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.

Will they be able to help in an O2 store? We have one locally, and I would prefer to talk to someone face-to-face. If it has to be over the phone I don't mind, but just wondered.

Message 7 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They could get CS on the phone for you in the shop, but it's still CS you need to speak to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Speak to customer service to try and resolve this. Maybe they will let you continue the contract with an upfront deposit?
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave them a ring and it turned out there was a complete mix-up.

They refunded me £25 and the advisor I spoke to was baffled by it - she had no idea what it was for in the first place. For some reason they charged me the disconnection bill even though I'd paid, and she said I don't need to pay it.

I just need to pay them £15 to reconnect, and I'll be up and running again.

So ... phew!

Message 10 of 13