cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i set up answer phone & retreive messages whilst in India.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm very sorry if the answer to my question is probably on this webpage somewhere but i have looked & had no luck.

I am currently in Goa/India and have my o2 pay and go sim card in a Samsung SGH-F480i Tocco. I am only a light user as i spend alot of time abroad and so use local sim cards but always keep my UK number on so that i can see who i have missed ect...it was only when the bank commented that i didn't have answerphone on my mobile that i thought i should set it up. I tried 901 & another number but they just say to call customer services.

Can anyone possibly help?..Thanks in advance to anyone who can.

King regards. Andy.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
You would need to set it up when in the UK. Not possible to do whilst you are out the country I'm afraid. The short codes to turn on/off are 1750/1760 but it is advisable to turn off when abroad anyway to save on excessive charges for using the service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
You would need to set it up when in the UK. Not possible to do whilst you are out the country I'm afraid. The short codes to turn on/off are 1750/1760 but it is advisable to turn off when abroad anyway to save on excessive charges for using the service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would remoive your number frm your post if you dont want spam

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou very much for your help, i shall have to wait until the next time i am in the UK.
Message 4 of 4