cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with O2 since 2000 and to be honest I've never had a problem well nothing major anyway.
Currently I'm paying £28 a month unltd mins/texts and 20 GB data I don't have a phone contract and didn't upgrade so still using the iPhone 6.
Had a letter off BT offering me exactly the same plus access to BT sports but for £20 a month.
Ok not sure weather to leave as I love O2 priorities and make full use of it.
Thought I'd ring O2 today and explained I'd been offered this and was told "no" and I said ok can I get a PAC code "yes no problem and bye"
I would've at least thought they might have asked me if there was anything that might make me change my mind seeing as I've been with them for just over 15 years.
They didn't even try.
I am really disappointed and earlier was considering weather I should leave or not. Ok I'm saving £8 a month but for some reason I'm kind of used to O2 and am one of those people that doesn't like change.
Could really do with some advice on this.
I know the choice is mine just thinking out loud and want to see what you guys would do
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Firstly I'd check if I got a decent signal on BT (EE) network.
Then I would go back to o2 and see if I could get a discount to renew my tariff (usually you can talk them into £4 a month discount).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for that. EE is a good signal where we are to be honest all the networks are as we live close to the city centre.
I just don't like change and I know it can be cheaper sometimes to move providers ( my car insurance company must love me lol)
I would've honestly thought at least you know say thank you for being a customer at least for so long 😳😳😳
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I know everyone has a choice and it is theirs to make but no-one really qualifies for loyalty discounts nowadays. BT are offering a good deal at the moment because they are hoping to poach clients from other networks. Next year their deals probably wont look as impressive. You have to go with the network that gives you the best coverage and suits your pocket. 

I have been with O2 for a long time. Other networks may tempt me with some things but for the complete package O2 suits me.... Best of luck with whatever decision you make though...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Also, if you travel abroad, o2 travel will save you £££ over EE.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think i'll stay. Maybe tempted in the future but that's happened before
Thanks anyway guys
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Good point about O2 travel @Anonymous I am in Spain at the moment...and my bill is zilch....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too I am going over to BT today as they slashed the price that I am paying to 02 and when I called to cancel 02 could not match BT, so I am gone after today. Shame as any decent company would price match to keep you. This is how little 02 care about it's customers. 

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Hope you get all you're expecting.
Good luck.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous I hope you have checked your netowrk coverage is fine with BT? The may be cheaper but that's not much good if you cant use your phone to its full potential?..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14