cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of getting a pay monthly contract but i wondering if i do change my mind or whatever is there a cooling off period ?  thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you purchase directly from o2 whether it be online at o2.co.uk or in an o2 shop or over the phone directly with o2 then yes there is a 7 day return policy.

If via CPW or Phones4U I believe it is the same.

You must return the handset within the 7 days of starting the contract.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you purchase directly from o2 whether it be online at o2.co.uk or in an o2 shop or over the phone directly with o2 then yes there is a 7 day return policy.

If via CPW or Phones4U I believe it is the same.

You must return the handset within the 7 days of starting the contract.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the community.

When purchasing your New contract please confirm returns arrangements so you are entirely happy with what you are signing up to.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Buyers remorse is common.

To try and not be in that position I would suggest ;

You make a wish list of say 5 handsets you like.

Go to the High-Street and use the demo models to get a feeling for the quality of the handset, and their OS and UI. Ask friends who may have one of your choices to have a demo on theirs.

If your using O2 Payg Sims do you have good signal where you Live, commute and work. If you can try out alternative Network Payg sim cards to check their signal out too.

Think about what your usage pattern is and think ahead ,look at all the options on tariff allowances.

Try not to think first about what tariff means possibly not paying any upfront handset fee etc.

Look at the Network High-Street shops and the independents for deals.

Think about the long term. Typically you would be locking yourself into a long term contract. Look at your in comings and outgoings and work out if you can comfortably afford the tariff amount.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144660 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
Why do you think you might change your mind?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thinking of getting a pay monthly contract but i wondering if i do change my mind or whatever is there a cooling off period ?  thanks

If you're not certain then don't take out a contract, you could buy a cheap phone and use the O2 network with a 30 day Simplicity sim or on Pay and Go to see if it's what you want and there is no long term commitment.

O2 allow you 7 working days to cancel a contract which I don't think is long enough.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6