cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract or pay and go

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it worth having contract anymore as I just text all the time . I hardly ever ring anybody and use data now and then then . Currently paying 25 quid a month . I do like my apps though
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
His was a general question so armed with all this good advice he can now make a more informed decision.
Message 11 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions
Indeed it was, but for the benefit of others searching and finding the thread the wants and needs of different users need to be pointed out.
Also, pro's and con's can change as tariff prices are adjusted or user patterns change so it's a scenario that should be regularly addressed by the individuals concerned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because I get awful signal at home i use tugo a lot . Use radio app a little bit while out so it not on wifi when I do . Just feel I spending a lot on contract and not getting value for money .
Message 13 of 40

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

If using Tugo is a deal breaker have a look at the Simplicity SIM Only deals on O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity

If not then have a look at giffgaff. For £10 a month you can get 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb of data

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags
It is owned by Telefonica (who own O2) and runs on the O2 network, so you will just need a PAC from O2 to switch over but the giffgaff sim will work fine without unlocking the phone.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Batman are you at the end of your contract with 02 or do you still have some months to run ?
Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am only 6 months into a 24 month contract but it's on O2 refresh so i understand if I pay off the phone plan I can cancel the contract .
Message 16 of 40

MI5
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am only 6 months into a 24 month contract but it's on O2 refresh so i understand if I pay off the phone plan I can cancel the contract .

Yes, correct.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks you
Message 18 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

If your signal is as awful at home as you say, perhaps you shouldn't even be using the O2 network. Have you tried any Pay & Go sims from any of the other providers?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries batman I just thought it prudent to ask what contract you were on and how long it had to run.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 20 of 40